Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jalapeno blisters... =(

So... I am dumb. Ya, ok.

Note to self ~ DON'T DICE JALAPENOS WITH BARE HANDS! But I have before and never had a problem! Whaaaaaaa's up with that? Ugh.
I decided to make Deneighs Creamy Chicken Burittos for dinner, which required chopping of said evil jalapenos. And I must say, it was SO worth it!
Travis said, (as he took his second bite) "Mom, we don't NEED a good Mexican food resteraunt here... we have YOU!!!" Ya, my mom taught me well! I am a dang good cook, thanks to her! And amazing recipes from OTHER amazing cooks, like Deneigh! These are a must try, and a dish that I will be making quite often, you can be sure! Delish! And super duper easy as well. I shall share...

DENEIGHS Creamy Chicken Burritos

3 chicken breasts
2 cans rotel
1/4 packet taco seasoning

Put these in crock pot and cook on low 3 hours. Take chicken out and shred. Return to crock pot and mix. Make burritos by placing heaping spoonfuls of chicken mixture on flour tortillas. Top with shredded Monteray Jack Cheese. This is a MUST!

Roll up. Line up in sprayed 9x13 glass baking dish. Make the jalapeno cream sauce:
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
2 jalapenos, finely diced (with a gas mask and gloves!)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded monteray jack cheese

Heat together until cheese is melted. Pour sauce over burritos. Bake @350 for 20 minutes.

I make a teeny addition to the sauce... I charred 2 pablano chiles, put them in a bag to sweat, peeled and diced them. They add a wonderful flavor.

So a BIG thanks to Nay for the recipe ~ she rocks!!! Check out her recipe blog here http://theorganizedchef.blogspot.com/
Iam gonna go put some silvadene on my hands and wrap them in guaze... JK!!!

Freakin' jalapenos...

No comments:

Post a Comment